Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Message From the Creator of The Ablogcalypse

Greetings, Steel Legionnaires.

Most of you know me only as Kaiser Crowbar, a demigod who travels the multiverse, conquering every Earth I come across, in search of the power and wisdom to become the God of Metal.

But how many of you know the real me?

Personally, I'd say about half the people who follow me even know my real name and how much more there is to me than just what's on this blog.

For the past few months, I've been trying new things to see what belongs on the Ablogcalypse and what doesn't.  There are a lot of things I like to write about, but some of them don't necessarily fit with Kaiser's personality.  I am telling you this because changes are coming.

First off, some of the segments that have become fixed installments on The Ablogcalypse are leaving.  "Games You Should Know About...," which I wrote about extensively, for a while, is going, as is the newly created "Forgotten Worlds" segment.  I felt that these, and other, topics didn't mesh well with the Kaiser Crowbar philosophy.  "Kaiser's Metal Moment" isn't going anywhere, nor are some of my RPG segments, as I have plans for something that will involve both RPGs and this blog.  Of course, it's still in a very early stage of development, but I'll give you more details when I have something more concrete.

What will be in the near future for The Ablogcalypse will be more in line with Kaiser Crowbar, himself.  So far, I've given you readers a taste of what's coming in the past couple of posts.  First off, I'm going to go further into the ancient history of Kaiser Crowbar, detailing his past triumphs, losses, and adventures taken straight from the pages of his most prized artifact, the Libris Metallum.  These segments will take a more serious, adventurous tone, as these segments will definitely be inspired by some of my favorite sword & sorcery writers (though I am far from "channeling" Robert E. Howard).

Then, there will be the "anecdotal" stories of Kaiser Crowbar.  This is the stuff you won't find in the Libris Metallum.  It's all the ridiculous accounts of Kaiser's misadventures on our own Earth.  And, because some people have asked for it, there will be a lot more of The Abdominal Snowman (in certain ways; don't expect to see any "good" photos of him).

Originally, Kaiser was meant to be somewhat of comic relief (Hell, I put on his profile that he's an "air guitar virtuoso").  As I continued through 2009, he started developing into something a little more serious, one with a deep history, which stemmed from some "tough times" I was going through.  While I do want to flesh him out as great warlord of the fifth dimension,  I don't want to lose what made me want to create the character in the first place, so I'm going to keep myself from getting too heavy-handed.

As for the segments that are leaving The Ablogcalypse, they're going to a new home.  I've decided that Kaiser has been taking up a lot of my time; so much, that I felt I was losing my own identity (which is a dangerous thing, for a writer).  In response, I created my own personal blog space, called Infinite Worlds of Jonathan Huskey (yes, that's my real name).  This is a place where I can be myself, without the restraints I have by writing as Kaiser.  I can write what I want, when I want.  It's something I should have done a long time ago, as it will be good, not just for me, but for The Ablogcalypse, as well.

Anyway, if you've only known Kaiser Crowbar, take the time to get to know another side of me.  Follow this link, and you're on your way.

I hope to see you there.

Jonathan Huskey (aka: Kaiser Crowbar)

No comments:

Post a Comment