Monday, June 29, 2009

Random Weirdness - Metal Monday

Yes, I like metal, that's a "no shit" statement, but my musical tastes are a bit more eclectic than that. I do listen to progressive rock (Rush, Yes, The Moody Blues), '80s rock (Def Leppard, Scorpions), and some J-Rock (JAM Project, Orange Range), among other things. When I'm relaxing, I listen to Enya or Sade. Old school Michael Jackson (RIP) is all right with me. Hell, I listen to Vixen (a female hair metal band). And I do have one guilty pleasure when it comes to music. I listen to ABBA. That's right - I'm a full fledged, heterosexual man and I listen to ABBA. I think their songs are well written and the two girls in the group sing lovely. I'm not ashamed to admit it, and anyone who thinks that's retarded can go use a live grenade as a butt plug. It just that most of that music doesn't fit with my blog, so I don't include it. Why do I mention this? Because this will probably be the only time you will ever see an ABBA song on this blog. You see, this symphonic metal group, Therion, did a cover of one of their songs. When I read the title on the video, I thought this was a load of bullshit, but they seriously did an ABBA cover. This video must be seen to be believed. To be honest, I still don't know what to make of this. (Correction: I know exactly what to think - WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS?)

No comments:

Post a Comment