Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Fallen Soldier on the RPG Front

Not long after I had put a good review for the G.E.T. Into Action RPG, the publisher of the game, Daring Entertainment, closed it's doors. Their website is barren, save for a short and very final announcement of the closing. From what I've read of the company, it looked like they wanted to do more with the products they provided, like the use of videos, soundtracks, and interactive websites to integrate into their games. I can see the company had an interesting vision. It kind of gives me pause, because I hate to see independent companies in the RPG industry (especially those who make games for Savage Worlds) fold under. It's one of the things that I would like to do, and it really does sadden me to see something like this happen. You can still pick up any of their released products on RPGNow on .pdf (and I still recommend trying G.E.T. Into Action, if you're interested). To the people who brought Daring Entertainment to life, may you get back on your feet and back in motion, whatever endeavor it may be. Vaya con dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment