Friday, October 22, 2010

Something Sucky This Way Comes...

Okay, so, last year, I did a Halloween special talking about some of the awesome things about Halloween and horror in general.  Crypt of Doom was so huge, I had no idea how I was going to follow that up the next year.  Well, it's October again.  Guess what?  I still can't think of anything awesome to talk about that I haven't already mentioned.  What's worse is that this October has been shaping up to be pretty disappointing.  Last year was good - surprisingly good.  Now, for some reason, I can't help but think that this year is going to suck.

So, I got to thinking, why is Halloween so fucking lame, now?  It didn't used to be.  It was pretty damn awesome, back in the day.  What the fuck happened?  Maybe kids don't like to go "Trick-or-Treating" anymore.  Maybe costumes are becoming more and more retarded as the years pass.  Maybe my heart is becoming a cold, black, siphon of hate - I don't know.

What I do know is that some things just suck the fun and horror out of the holiday.  While some are more recent phenomena, others seem to have been around since time immemorial.  So, instead of doing what I did last year, I'm devoting next week to five of the crappiest things about Halloween.  I'm calling it "Sucktoberfest," because I think I'm being clever with words, but I'm not.  While you're at it, check out that other guy, what's his nuts...?  Yeah, Jon, the guy who "created me" (what the fuck ever).  He'll be lending his personal insight for each item on the list on his personal blog, Infinite Worlds.  So, until next week, save me some candy corn, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment