Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Awesome is the Brütal Legend Demo?

So, I played the demo for Brütal Legend over the weekend. I have to say, I like what's going on so far.

This really is no surprise to me, but Brütal Legend plays like your typical 3D action hackfest, just like Psychonauts played like a typical 3D platformer. The gameplay is solid, but doesn't try to innovate. But that's not what Tim Schafer focuses on. He's known for great stories with lots of awesome and funny shit in them, and Brütal Legend is proof of that. The characters are cool (though the demo only introduces two principal characters) and the dialogue is great.

Oh, and, of course, how can I forget that this may be the most metal game in history. The landscape, enemies, and soundtrack are so fucking awesome.

Needless to say, when the demo was over, I wanted more. I wanted it now. I still do. Rocktober 13th can't come soon enough. Actually, I still have to pre-order this motherfucker, but I'll fork out the cash with my next paycheck.

Kaiser out

1 comment:

  1. My gaming days are over, but if my son was a little older, I'd definitely buy this game and make him play it often, just so I could catch the funny shit and listen to the INCREDIBLE soundtrack over and over...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete